May 17, 2005

The Man goes to pass gas at night now. I'm still trying to figure out the value in having him go someplace else to do this, other than the fact that it spares the rest of us the end result of his gaseous anomalies, but it must be important to someone if they want him to come do it at night, too.

There's an important benefit to him wandering off all night: he comes home just before it's time for my morning Stinky Goodness, which means I don't have to work so hard to get the Woman up to get it for me. She gets to sleep, I get to eat, and everyone is happy.

Mostly happy.

I worry that without my morning wake up call the Woman will sleep all day, or worse, she'll forget how to open a can of Stinky Goodness. If there's ever a time the Man isn't here to do it, and she forgets, I'm hosed. It's not like it couldn't happen: the Woman seems to forget things a lot. Like last week, she forgot to shoot up take one of her medications for a couple of days. Sometimes she goes through the house looking for things because she forgot where she put them (she could ask me, but since she doesn't, I'm not volunteering the information.)

So I'm thinking that even though the Man is feeding me in the morning, I should go sing to the Woman and climb all over her head, anyway. Just so she doesn't sleep the rest of her life away. And so she gets up and watches the Man open a can every now and then, to keep the image in her head.

I'm just being considerate.

No comments: