November 17, 2006

Heh.

Heh heh.

Today the Woman sat at the table to have her lunch, so of course I sat in the chair across from her so I could peek and see what it was. It smelled good, thusly did it require my personal inspection. I had to stretch up a little bit, but I saw it, and there was a small piece just sitting there on the edge of her plate.

It was ham.

I had to do it.

Lest she suspect anything, I jumped down from the chair and crept around to the counter behind her, jumped up there, and made the calculations necessary for success. It had to be quick, but it also had to be clean, so that she didn't have chance to stop me.

So I jumped. I sailed over her shoulder, landed on the table, snagged that wayward piece of ham, and ran like my butt really was on fire.

She was so stunned she didn't have a chance to chase after me. She couldn't even yell because the Man was sleeping. I got to the living room and scarfed it down.

It was so good.

I can't wait to see what's on the menu for dinner.

No comments: