June 04, 2018

I did not intend to take time off from here...

So, right after talking about the people taking time off, I kinda let the blog slide to the side, but it wasn't intentional. I've been spending a lot of my time doing some hard-core napping, plastered on the big bed with the Doctor Who bedspread, barely moving so that the Woman comes in and pokes me to make sure I'm still shuffling along this mortal coil.

Yeah, no, I don't know what that really means, but I read it once and it sounded cool, so...totally stole it.


I also spend a lot of time sitting on the Woman, because otherwise she spends too much time with the computer and that's just not good for a person. We watch quality TV together most of the time when I'm sitting on her. David Bromstead is my new imaginary boyfriend (hey, I'm neutered, it's not like gender matters here) so I watch him show lottery winners homes they can buy and we like to shout at the TV when people shopping for tiny houses get inside and mutter, "Wow, this is small," BECAUSE THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, KAREN.

Oh, yeah. I yell at KAREN a lot right now, too. Just because its the Woman's name and I think it's kinda funny. I'll get over it soon.

Earlier this week I got to say YOU'RE SLIPPING, KAREN because she finally decided to order 10 hardback copies of The Blessings of Saint Wick but after it was took late to stop the print run she realized she'd ordered 10 more copies of The Space Between Whens so now we have A LOT of copies of TSBW.

I'll get links up for anyone who wants a pawtographed copy soon. For that and The Whens of Wick (which is getting really good buzz, which makes me happy!)

I think we've been dragging our heels on that because we kinda want to find an alternative to Paypal but haven't settled on anything yet. The Woman is, like, 6 kinds of pissed off at them because she keeps trying to delete a bank account from her Paypal and it keeps popping up with I CAN'T DO THAT RIGHT NOW, KAREN. Or something like that. She's pretty close to closing out the whole Paypal account, if she can find something better.

But, yeah. I haven't been doing much other than dictating the next book (The Book of Hyrum, editor is looking at it right now) and napping and watching TV. And for a guy who turns 17 in a couple of weeks and no one expected him to get that old, it's not a bad life!

Seriously, doods. Eleven days until my declared birthday, but realistically I was probably born around June 10, 2001, so I'm almost 17.

Last year, the Woman didn't think I would make it to 17. This year, since I started getting seeds in my snacks, she thinks there's a chance I'll make it to 18. I mean, at this age, who knows, but when I'm awake I'm a pain in the asterisk, so things are looking pretty good!


8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Max, almost 17! You don't look a day over 15, really dude!

Vicat said...

You are so considerate to spend time with her. Face it - you're a giver.

The Florida Furkids said...

17 is the new 7! We think you look great and we think you need to keep the Woman on her toes!!

The Florida Furkids

Ivan from WMD said...

Seeds? Like what kind of seeds? Cat seeds? We think our Miss Picky (also 17) might need some. Actually, we need a mind reader so Mom knows what Caroline might eat today instead of guessing. Because it's never the same twice in a row!

Lone Star Cats said...

Hope ya have a pawsome 17th birthday!

Frostin said...

Munchkin is 18 now and she has become very demanding in her old age, but she is still Daddy's girl. :)

Frostin's Bob

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...takin time off iz what ya due at retire mint but due knot eggs pect social secatity....faaaaaaaaaaaaa......dude'z still waitin on hiz.....ten yeerz afturr.... ya look good for 16.11.28 max.....we could all hope to look az ~~~~♥♥

Anonymous said...

My feline companions are both 15 years old but it isn't always a matter of age. My favorite feline had to be put down when he was only about 9. Cat Lymphoma, though I did manage to keep him alive longer than the vet predicted. I still miss him terribly.