June 30, 2018

10 days in

Ok, I've been 17 for 10 whole days, and I have to say, I kind of enjoy being an old man. There's been steak literally every day. I mean, the other day the Man was outside grilling a steak for me, and then he and the Woman had sandwiches. If that doesn't mean I rate the highest here, I don't know what does.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

It's been wicked hot outside lately, so the Woman has been staying home to work more than she's been going over to Starbucks. We're still waiting on stuff to finish The Book of Hyrum, so we dove into the next one, and doods, we got, like, 80% of the vomit draft done. At first we were just going to take more notes for it, but then we started writing, and...boom. A book started to form.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Last night while we were working, I looked up and the Woman had actual tears in her eyes. And I was all, what this isn't sad stuff, lady. Because it's not. And she was all, well it's not sad but it is stressful and feels really unfair to do this to such a nice person. So I reminded her that he's not real and then she threw the computer across the room and yelled WELL HE IS TO ME.

True story.

Well, some of it.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

The People are starting to talk about rearranging all the rooms here. Like, the library becomes the living room and the living room becomes the office and the office becomes the dammit room. This happens every now and then because they got so used to moving every couple of years thanks to the USAF, but actual moving sucks, so they make everything feel new. The thing is, Buddah's gonna THINK we moved and lose his damned mind over it.

So no one tell him.

It will amuse me, and at my age, being amused is important.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

The house is going to be totally trashed while they do this. We could have a party and they'd never even know it.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

This is me, hard at work. Staring. Because it seems like that's what I do while we're writing. Think and stare. Think and stare.



And yeah, there's A LOT of cat hair on that sofa. Like, a ton.

12 comments:

Vicat said...

It's FURniture!

Eastside Cats said...

Max, you are living the life of Riley!

Marti said...

Max, you don't look a a day over 12. Looking good.

Just Ducky said...

I am into my 2nd day of my 11th year. I got a long way to go to catch up to you.

Random Felines said...

Living the good life Max

Smudge said...

Oh Max, that's nothing. Mom and dad are constantly joking about being able to make another whole cat out of the fur mom vacuums up each week. Of course, mom doesn't say much about the long blond strands mixed in with my short dark fur (do you, MOM?!)

Shaggy and Scout said...

Sending love Max!
You're a million kinda of awesomeness.
-Lynne and Scout

Mighty Kitty said...

I second that comment. But add in that the one and only Mr Awesome is Max Thompson! Now he is too awesome to even give lessons in awesomeness!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are looking good, Max.
It's not a home without a bit (or a lot) of fur on the furniture. 14 months later and I still find Flynn's fur in different places, and I save every bit I find.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Congrats on getting steak a lot! And we cracked up at imaginingg Buddah THINKING you all moved when you didnt. The People should put him in a PTU and drive around the block ta REALLY convince him!

Ivan from WMD said...

OMC, what a post! Steak and true stories and confusing Buddah--we love all of it!

World of Animals, Inc said...

You are looking great Max on this beautiful Monday morning. We hope you loved the steak you received. We are guessing you are setting up Buddah for a huge surprise for the next time he visits. Thanks for the share. Have a great day.
World of Animals