May 14, 2016

This is glorious!

Y'all know I'm a senior kitty, right? I turn 15 in about a month. Now, I'm a healthy senior kitty, as evidenced by my recent stabby guy checkup (new stabby guy, I might like him because he gives me drugs and I don't remember being there, but because of the drugs I don't really know) so the people aren't especially worried about me. I'm slower than I used to be, and I nap more, and the Woman thinks that a lot of the time I just look sleepy.

And that's okay. I've earned my naps and tiredness, and even my cranky times. But the Woman noticed that I ask for dinner a little early more often than I used to, and I want food at 4 am when I used to just be happy to sing in the hall. So sometimes I get dinner early because I ask nicely, and if someone is awake at 4am--it happens because the Man works nights and sometimes stays up that late when he's off--I get an extra dinner.

Tonight I asked for dinner half an hour early, and the Woman was all "Okay, Big Guy, it's not too early," and she opened a can for us, and while we nommed the People stood in the kitchen (I have issues getting the food unstuck from the dish sometimes, so she waits and unsticks it for me a couple of times) and I heard them say that because I'm an older guy, maybe I should get food when I want it and not just because of what time it is.

Yeah, that'll work for a while, then they'll look at the clock more often again.

The glorious part? The Woman said that maybe it's time to let me have gravy food again. And the Man said that maybe I should also get to have the special gooshy stuff, Fancy Feast Medleys, because I do love them, and...I am fifteen.

DOODS THERE ARE PERKS TO OLD AGE!!! WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?!!??

I'm really hoping the Woman goes to the store tomorrow and gets me some, because I haven't had that in years.

My life won't be awesome again until I do.

11 comments:

Gigi said...

Woot! Score, Buddy! I myself am 12 next month (remember when we was just whippersnappers Max? Time flies, eh?) I am being treated pretty well too. You're right: Good things come to those who wait. The Human went and bought all my favorites at Pet Smart today. Nommy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Max, you deserve every can of Fancy Feast Medley you can eat! Anytime of day too...

Summer said...

Binga is going to be 16 in August, and she get LUNCH! I don't get lunch - my human says I don't need it, but Binga does. You oldsters get some great perks.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yeah, you have earned your gooshy food, Max. I have fresh food put down throughout the day because I eat so little, so you are right, getting old does have it's perks.

Shaggy and Scout said...

I'm turning 16 in a couple weeks Max, and the same things are happening to me. I'm sleepier, and I just want to eat when I want to, not when the clock says. Mom says old people are the same way. I love the broth medleys and the attention and extra pettings! Mom feels melancholy about it some days though. Shaggy

Shaggy and Scout said...

I'm turning 16 in a couple weeks Max, and the same things are happening to me. I'm sleepier, and I just want to eat when I want to, not when the clock says. Mom says old people are the same way. I love the broth medleys and the attention and extra pettings! Mom feels melancholy about it some days though. Shaggy

Ivan from WMD said...

We agree, Max. William was getting breakfast, lunch and dinner, Gerber's at random times and crunchies any time. Our mom said whatever he wanted to eat was just fine with her. (Oh, and she would fluff up his food, too, if it wasn't the gravy kind!) We're glad to hear you're in good health. I'd milk that if I were you!

Saku said...

You've earned the extra attenshun and gooshy foods Max. Sasha will be sixteen later this month so there is more gooshy foods here and he also gets to eat by himself on any chair he wants. :) Mom bean says she just wants to make sure he gets to eat in peace.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Just Ducky said...

That is good Max, anything for getting extra foods, when you want. Specially the gooshy foods.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I really think you should try this new found power out.. ask for food at some really random time..

Mighty Kitty said...

Oh Mr. Awesome! I hope you have all your wishes come true cause you certainly deserve that! I have sort of adopted you after we lost our O'cat last May at 14.6 yrs of age. He loved to hear about what you wrote and he loved Skeezix, too. Whatever I can do to make your 15th birthday a glorious one, let me know!