May 28, 2016

I'm CONSIDERATE, dammit!

Okay, so the Woman doesn't always sleep very well. This makes her cranky and, frankly, a sub-par can opener, so lately I've been trying to help her. The other morning I woke her up at 5:45 and then kept bugging her until she got out of bed, because it made sense: if she got up early, she would be tired at night, and would then be able to sleep.

She was not grateful.

But did I let that stop me? No. It occurred to me that perhaps her sleep issues were related to a cold head, since that's never covered at night. So I jumped up onto the bed at 5 or so, and curled up next to her head, trying to send warms her way. Then I realized it might work better if there was direct contact, so doods, I was super thoughtful and climbed onto her pillow and wrapped my body around her head.

Still, she was not grateful.

Then last night, I wanted to just check on her, so I jumped up onto the bed and simply watched her. Four times she opened her eyes and said "Jesus!" so four times I had to jump down to go see if he was maybe at the front door or something, but no. It was just Buddah and me home with her. I wetn back to report that, and she got up, put me out of the room and closed the door.

Not grateful at all.

In fact, she was so not grateful that she told the Man about it, and you know what she said? SHE SAID I WAS CREEPY AS PHK LAST NIGHT! All I did was stare at her while she slept. I didn't even lie down, I sat there fully upright, except for my head, which I may have had a few inches from her face, and strained my neck in the process.

I might not even bother trying to help her tonight. Just let her see how she sleeps without me. I bet it sucks.

7 comments:

Summer said...

Whoa!! So unappreciative.

MeezerMom said...

Max, my Trixie used to do that and it was a little creepy. She did it like every night for 18 years. Sammy, Miles, Nicky and Billy do it too, and sometimes I think that they might be planning my death or something. - MeezerMom

Saku said...

Yep, we thinks you should leave her be for one night...we're sure she'll be begging you to come back the next night.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Max, *I* like ta just sit and stare at TBT at night sometimes too. Which makes him worried, cuz it usually means I am going ta tap his closed eyes soon ta see if he is awake. ~ IZA

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

You can only help someone so much.. if they don't want the help, there isn't much you can do

LMoore said...

I refer to that as Vulture Pose!

Mighty Kitty said...

Max, why don't you just ignore her for a while. You know turn you back, not get on her lap, and the other stuff you know to do. I bet she will be so concerned, she will come looking for you! Two can play her game and of two you win! Yes?