April 22, 2016

We really need a maid

Like, for realz.

Right now, the front room is so jammed with STUFF that I can't even walk on the floor. There are boxes and bins and they're loaded down with krap the Woman pulled out of the old office so that she culd clear enough space to get a couple of bookcases out of it.

Oh yeah, that's how bad the office was. It filled the front room with all the stuff that blocked her way to the bookcases.

She also dumped stuff on the sofa, but with the exception of a dresser drawer, it was all soft and squishy things. So what's a guy to do when there are soft, squishy things on the sofa?

He makes a nest, that's what.

It was a really comfy nest, too, especially when the Woman moved the drawer out of the way. I don't think I'll get to keep it forever, because at some point she'll start putting all that krap back in the old office, and then she'll fold the soft blankets and set the pillows back the way they should be.

But we still need a maid, because left to her own devices, it will take her 5 years to clean it up by herself.

On the plus side, I now have a spiffy new office, where I will finish my book soon and then start on the next.

Thinks will be thunk here
The Woman thinks I'm a slave-driver, pushing her to get this thing done, but doods, I have so many things in my head and I have to write them NOW while I can. She can go write her own things and play when I'm done. Right?

Right.

5 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You. Have. A. Tardis...

Mighty Kitty said...

Mr.Awesome, you are a born leader! Crack that whip and get things done! Remember you are dealing with human and humans need all the help you kitties can give them. Perhaps an updated set of rules might be in order for another literary masterpiece!

Ivan from WMD said...

If you pee on that pile, she might leave it for you...

Summer said...

The humans here DO have a housekeeping service - but they DON'T pick up after my human. What she needs is a mom!

Lucy Furr said...

I don't really like those furry blankets. Give me a squishy pillow and I'm good. My hooman finally got her office space cleared. No more really good hiding spots, but I got a new tower out of the deal. I guess I can deal with fewer hidey spots for an awesome new tower.