November 27, 2018

Updated Update

Okay. I'm still here.

I'm eating, and I'm up to roughly 2/3 of what I ate before on a good day. Better: I'm enthusiastic about it and I'm asking for food every 3 hours or so.

The Woman wasn't too happy to be woken up at 5:15 this morning, but she got up and opened a can for me anyway. And she has to give me props, because yesterday I woke her at 3 in the morning. It was almost like letting her sleep in today.

Just in case, the stabby guy gave the people some of the meds that will make me want to eat, so if I stop eating again, they can shove one down my throat, tell me how sorry they are and what a good boy I am, and by the next day I should want food again.

The Woman says she's not quite as worried about me dying suddenly, or finding me curled up on the bed not as asleep as I look, but she's also not declaring me perfectly fine. But for now, I'm at least okay. Eating and drinking, begging for her lap when she's in the middle of something because that's just funny when I know she's trying to be super nice to me.

And last night I decided her head was going to share the pillow with me, and I turned it and her face into a nice, comfy bed. And she let me.

Doods...you can get away with SO much when the people think you're super sick.

I don't recommend testing it because it ends up in a visit to the stabby place where you actually get stabbed, but if you have to feel like crap, it's a benefit.

6 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you are doing better, Max. When you get older and don't feel as well as you used to, being okay is good.

MargB said...

So glad there is improvement Max! Keep maximizing those benefits!!!

Eastside Cats said...

Good food consumption, good poops in the litter box...and sleeping on the human's face...way to go, Max! Keep up the good work.

Just Ducky said...

Be better Max, hope the tummy settles down.

Summer said...

I'm glad you are doing better, Max. I am sending more purrs your way.

pilch92 said...

Glad you are feeling better. You are in my prayers.