November 02, 2016

Weight A Minute...

The Woman keeps her Dammit Monitor right by the bathroom door. The footprint of the bathroom is such that if I'm in there with her, and I want to get out easily, I have to sit on it while she opens the door. If I don't, I wind up behind her, waiting, and we can't have that.

As a rule, I go in with her at least once a day. It's a great time to get head skritches and tummy rubs, because she's basically captive, and since she's not going anywhere for a few seconds, she figures there's no reason not to cater to my whims. I have her pretty well trained to bend over to pet me, and she doesn't mind, so it's sort of a win-wine.

But that Dammit Monitor.

It occurred to me this morning, that she's actually waiting to open the door until I get on the dammit monitor. At first I thought she was just slow, but she actually said, "Come on, let's see the number before I open the door," and I realized that she's been doing this as a way to weigh me without making a big deal about it.

She freaking trained me to do something.

I would be really mad about that, but I'm holding steady at 16.5 pounds now, and because I'm neither gaining nor losing, she's freer with the snacks.

She had taquitos for lunch, but she wouldn't share them, which sucked because they smelled really good. But after she was done she opened a can and gave us each a spoonful, so I got that going for me.

But damn...she figured out a way to get me to do what she wanted, and I fell for it.

7 comments:

Mighty Kitty said...

Mr.Awesome, you are still very intelligent. Think about how you have trained her! Far more than just 1 time for sure! Let's give her a little break cause she loves you and was making sure that you are staying well. Just congratulate her for this moment of glory!

Just Ducky said...

Yeah, I get my share of litter box room love too. Captive for at least a few minutes.

Ivan from WMD said...

We only bug our mom when she uses our bathroom and not her own. She always says, What? Do I watch you when you're in the catbox?

Summer said...

Wow, Max, your human is sneaky!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

well it is a Dammit Monitor after all

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT doesn't let us in his bathroom. We stare! But he has been tricking us lately. When he opens the door (because it seems really weerd when we cant get near him WHEN we feel like it) we rush in. Well, he bought this new digital scale...

The old one measured on .5 lbs, which didnt really show much change in us, but the new does it in .2 lbs AND remembers his weight for a few minutes and when he picks us up and gets back on, it shows him our weight directly so he doesn't even have ta do simple math. And that's evil, cuz iffen we gain just .2 lb, we get a little less in the food bowl the next day.

You are 16.5? Wow, Skeeter was once that. Marley is only 12.5, Iza 10.5, and Ayla 7.0

Timmy Tomcat said...

Son Of-a Rat Dood how did that happen.
Cheese that could be a pain if you gain a bit no more goodies
I am lucky as I am hard as a rock. I dont allow pick-me-up so Dad is amazed when I go in the PTU for the stabby visit and he cant pick me up MOL Well he can but with a grunt. I look like my 12 pound brother and am really like 15.5 MOL
Maybe push something under the sit on thing?
Purrs
Timmy