March 20, 2015

The One Where I Nearly Starved To Death. Twice!

The People hung around the house yesterday, being giant pink blobs. That's nothing new. That's so normal that I didn't think anything about it, and took my naps in all my favorite snoozing places. I didn't even think anything when the Woman put real pants on, and when they both left the house around 4:15, because they do that once in a while, too, and sometimes come home with real live fresh dead meaty things.

But yesterday they left, and didn't come back.

They didn't come back for FOREVER.

I know it was forever, because when 7:30 dinner time rolled around and they still weren't home, I started counting, and when the counting got to high, that was forever. When 8:30 rolled around, that was forever AND mean.

By 9:30, I was feeling faint and and twitchy, and I was so thin my furs were hanging off my bones like a bad winter coat. It was so bad, I started to contemplate eating dry food. DRY FOOD.

They finally walked in and fed me at 9:45, which was only 15 minutes from snack time. I ate my dinner, and then went into the living room to inform the Woman it was time for our snack. She told me no! As if skipping snack was acceptable!

No, you just ate.

So?

I thought maybe she was kidding, so I waited in the chair next to hers, and eventually she got up, but it was not to give me my snack. It was to go to bed.

I had to wait until 4 am to get a snack, and that was from the Man. He said it was a shut-up snack, but I don't care what it was, it was LATE.

And then?

THEN?

He closed the bedroom door, so that I could not wake the Woman for breakfast at 7:30. I did my best, sitting outside the door and calling for her, but I grew weak from hunger and I don't think she could hear my tired, food-needed pleas. She didn't feed us until 9 o'clock.

Doods, I am lucky I survived.

And all that because she went and got another tattoo that's not of me. So, so rude.

10 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Max, that was a harrowing experience. I feel for you.

Lone Star Cats said...

OMC, I'm glad ya survived.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is terrible Max! There should be a law against such neglect.

Summer said...

What?! If my human ever wants another tattoo, she had better schedule it well between mealtimes.

Saku said...

Beans are so selfish Max! We is so glad you made it through your ordeal.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

KitKat said...

It's a miracle you survived that ordeal dood. WTF!

Angel Normie, Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

Ellen in Oregon said...

OMC Max. The woman's behavior is outrageous! Why it nearly boarders on being abusive. Starving you by not being there to feed you dinner & then withholding your snack is double starvation. Just because she scheduled her new tatoo at you regular dinner time is no excuse. She could have at least fed you before she left & everyone knows that snacks should be given out regardless of when your last meal was. It's a treat for cod's sake. Don't be so petty & withhold it for a lousy reason like "You just ate". Then she added insult to injury by getting another tatoo that was not an image of you. That is too much for any cat to bare. Dry food is a food of last resort. At least you weren't pushed that far.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

She went on a TAT-OUT and left you unfed 2x? We wonder what some claws through the new tat would do?

Mighty Kitty said...

WHAT!!!! Max, that's horrible! Ocat and Jamie said you are welcome to come and live here. They get treats on demand and laps when they want a lap! There is always wet food and dry food in case they are hungry. People going out is just the way they are. But not making sure you have noms first and then holding out on treats is just mean! Poor poor kitty! OMC!

Unknown said...

That's mean.snack and mealtime should go together if it's so late the times overlap. She could have called the snack dessert. Shutting you out of the room was mean, too.