May 12, 2012

This could be the Woman. Except she has that whole drag king haircut going on. And she doesn't wear a robe, she sits around in a sleeveless t-shirt and black track pants. And she's barefoot and doesn't even own slippers. But it could still be her.

She's got a cold. JUST a cold. A little sneezing, a little coughing, a whole lot of sniffing and a great bunch of doing nothing productive.

We know she doesn't feel terrific, so yesterday when she was feeling all icky and decided to go back to bed for a little while, Buddah jumped up on the bed and stretched out across her neck and purred pretty hard, because she'd said she had a sore throat. He said she appreciated it, but I don't think he grasps that, "Gee, thanks" doesn't really mean what he thinks it means.

I'll let him think it made her happy, because he was being nice and all and she's not being polite because she doesn't feel so hot.

Today she's still feeling like carp, and hasn't done much more than sit here and play Bookworm on her computer while grumbling that some of the TV channels aren't coming in because our Dish is all wonky and she's a little too lightheaded to go outside and do anything about it.

Somehow she got her cold into her ears. I think that happened because she has this weird thing about not being able to blow her nose the right way, and when she tries things go all wrong, and she must have blown that snot in reverse and it went into her ears. But it's making her a little dizzy, so what does she do?

Our shower is not nearly this cool. Or clean.
She decides she'll feel better if she takes a shower.

Cripes...if you're dizzy and the only other People in the house is asleep, is it really a great idea to get into a slippery tub and run water all over your body?

Sigh.

I hate water, I really do. But she was all dizzy and determined to not smell so bad (to be fair, she did kinda stink) so I stayed right there in the bathroom, figuring if she slipped and fell I could go throw my body against the bedroom door hard enough and loud enough to wake the Man. 

Luckily, it was a short shower and she didn't fall or anything and even warned me to back up a little when she got out so that she wouldn't fling water on me.

But come on. Why take the risk in the first place?

Probably that snot she blowed back into her brain.

And she does smell better.

But...I'm kinda tired now and would like to take a nap, but she's sitting upright in the chair grumbling at the TV, and I think I need to keep an eye on her.

I need a pay raise.

13 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, iffen the Woman smells better and dint drown, thats probly a good thing. We mean, some Bein smells are good, but some arent, right?

Myst and Hannah said...

We bet she got sick from That Damn Dog Butters! Everybody KNOWS dog cooties can make you REALLY sick.

Sweet Purrfections said...

You definitely need a raise after all of this attention.

Truffle and Brulee

pee ess - hope the Woman feels better.

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Max, that can't be fun having to take care of the Woman. We hope she feels better so you can get onto better things.

The Florida Furkids said...

You've got a hard job. Fortunately, your Cat enough to handle it!!


The Florida Furkids and Lexi

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We should always get over time when our humans are sick. They are so troublesome. I hope yours gets better quickly so that you can go back your important stuff. Like napping.

Katie Isabella said...

OH your poor Woman. I feel sorry for her cause my mom got that in March and I thought she'd whine us both into perdition and cough? I thought I was laying on an erupting volcano!

Sparkle said...

It is humans' responsibility to stay well - your post is proof of how much extra work it makes for us kitties when they are sick.

Gigi said...

You know what, Max? My Human was out of commission and bascially useless for like ten days!! AND, remember, I have only the one Human so if she is damaged, life can be pretty bleak on the regular meals and playtime front. Now, having just gotten well, she is feeling stuffed up and wonky AGAIN tonight. What the samhill is going on? Some kind of anti-cat conspiracy? Can I come over there? At least you still have one functional Human, right?

Unknown said...

OH MY COD! me hopes my Mommy does not get sick! She is just the worst when she does!!!
Anyway Sunday is MOTHER's Day so just kiss her lots and tell her that she is the bestest Mommy in the whole world
Kisses
Nellie

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Purrs fur your Mommy to feel better. That bein said, you better stop caterin to her efurry whim or you'll raise the bar fur all of us! MOL!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

IT stinks that your Mom is sick on Mothers Day!

Happy Mother's Day to your Mom!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

hope your Mom feels better soon!