June 16, 2007

The People had chicken for dinner tonight. And not just any kind of chicken, they had the kind that cooks all day long and makes the house smell like OH.MY.GOD! and gets me to drooling at random points.

This is chicken that I will be very good for while the People eat, because I want a taste that bad. So after the Woman gave Buddah and me our dinner, I knew it was just a matter of an hour or so before they weould be eating that wonderful, wonderful chicken.

I curled up on top of the climbing tower to wait, breathing in the intoxicating aroma of chicken cooking in that soupy stuff.

And I fell asleep!

AND THEY DIDN'T WAKE ME UP!

By the time I woke up it was all gone. All of it. The Woman had put the dishes in the dishwasher and there was nothing there for Max.

I am heartbroken. I don't know if I should be mad and go treat something of hers to a toothy death, or if I should just sit in the middle of the floor and howl. They know I love that chicken, why didn't someone wake me up???

No comments: