March 22, 2018

The New Teenager Got His Checkup

Yep, today was Stabby Place Day for Buddah. It was just a checkup, to get his innards listened to and for the stabby lady to tell him what a beautiful boy and how good he is. Oddly, it's not a lie. The Woman says Buddah is very good at the vet, and he'll even purr for them.

She heard a little bit of bronchitis in his lungs, but he has seasonal allergies and it's that time of year. He's not symptomatic or anything, so there's no point int doing anything about it. Pretty soon, he's gonna start crying (like literal tears) for a week or two, and that'll be it until fall. He also has a little bit of arthritis in his knees and some back end muscle loss, pretty normal for a 13 year old kitty.

He didn't even bit or growl when she took his temp...which tells me he kinda liked it. No judgment there. Whatever floats his boat.

It's kinda hard to see, but Buddah IS in the PTU. While he waited for the stabby lady he got to meet Mr. Boo, the shop cat. I've never met him, but I understand he's super friendly and has kind of a calming effect. Buddah didn't growl or hiss at him, and they sniffed at each other through the screen.

Mr. Boo also greeted the people and made them give him chin and head skritches, and he sat on the Woman's lap a couple of times.

Now, I'm not sure how I'd react--I might have growled at him, because the stabby place is just upsetting and a guy can't always control how he feels--but I like him anyway. He sounds like a super happy guy and he's very friendly, and that makes everyone happy.

Here's the thing...he was supposed to be put down. Someone brought him in six years ago and wanted him euthanized for behavioral issues, but the stabby lady was all nuh-uh, not gonna do that, you just leave him here and GTFO, and she let him stay. And it's like, dood, what the heck did they think was wrong with you, because you're super chill and you love everyone.

I mean, the stabby place isn't gonna let him go anywhere because he's happy where he is, but the Woman is like, if not for MAX, I might want to give that pretty white boy a home (even though for realz she's not open to the idea of more cats now. It's the IDEA. He'd be awesome.)

But WHO DOES THAT? Who puts down a perfectly good cat just because of a few issues? And then WHERE THE FRAK ARE THE ISSUES?

Yeah, this makes me want to yell a lot.

But I'm done.

I don't like going to the vet, but I like this vet, if that makes sense. She thinks we're beautiful, she understands that we're done getting shots, she talks nicely to us, and she won't just toss a cat aside because he's inconvenient.

I get to go see her again in about 3 weeks for a recheck on my thyroid. I'll complain about it because I don't WANT to go, but doods, if I have to, at least I got a good one.

Oh. The main point. Buddah is healthy, and apparently an affection whore.

7 comments:

Just Ducky said...

I do OK at the vet. They treat me nice but I am shy. What is nice that I don't get anything stuck in my spot 13 unless I am sickly. Just one less thing to make me upset. I got my insides listened to, my ears and mouth/teeth checked.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...glad ewe iz aye oh kay N getted a good chex up

and WDF iz rite....sorree boo....buzzed happee tho the peepulz at de stabby place had SENSE & yur chillaxin N livin large N in charge now ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Lone Star Cats said...

Some peeps are just terribull. Dey deserve a good swat.

Ivan from WMD said...

Well, we're happy he's appreciated at the fix-it place. And healthy, too. And about Mr. Boo? Some people are just a waste of space.

Laura and Taffeta Rose said...

Behavior issues, huh! We think that's the third worst reason to get rid of a cat. Right after: um, their person died, and allergies. Some people shouldn't have pets (or, probably, children either). OK, rant over. . .

Glad Buddah is OK.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Glad Buddah had a good health check.
Mr Boo was lucky that he was taken to your caring vet. In cases like that it is the owners who should be euthanised!

The Whiskeratti said...

Yeaaaa Buddah being healthy. And it was probably that those hoomins caused the issues... And when Mr Boo was in a happier place the issues went away.