September 26, 2016

My brain is melting...

I can't think of any other reason for forgetting to do my Ask Max Monday column last week. We've been working a lot, some days spending 12+ hours writing, but I didn't think it was making me forget what day or even what week it is, though. Seriously, if you had asked me a couple of days ago where the column was, I'd have sworn I uploaded it.

This week's is there, though.

Last night we finished working a little early so the Woman decided to go to bed at a normal-people hour. She was almost asleep, but a noise outside startled her, so she was wide awake. And it happened again... =this= close to being asleep, and then =bam= a noise outside. So she gave up, got out of bed for a few minutes, and waited until she was good and sleepy to go back to bed.

Lookit that face. Who can be made at that?
Now, I have a habit of talking to her at intervals during the night, so she closed the door, hoping for some peace and quiet. This was about 2:30, and by 3:30 she was finally asleep.

Good for her, right?

Well, I thought so, too, and at 4:40 I crept out from where I'd been hiding under the bed and was going to congratulate her on a solid hour of sleep, but when I jumped onto the bed near her head, she kinda lost her chit and had a little bit of a pretend heart attack.

Well...it's not my fault she didn't check under the bed before she closed the door.

And it's not my fault she's so delicate that she has sleeping issues.

I was gonna be NICE, dammit, and all it got me was kicked out of the bedroom.

10 comments:

Mighty Kitty said...

Aaaw Max! Your are such a good boy and only trying to be kind. If I had been at your house, I would have left my door open and you could have slept with me! Head scritches to you and lots of love!

Mighty Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

SO unappreciative!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Hey, you were just trying to help her blood flow.. she should be appreciative..

Just Ducky said...

Way to keep her heart going. A little extra cardio for her.

Miss T and Angel said...

Max, our pawtographed copy of TEoSF arrived today, and thank you. That's really quick; we thought your supply problems might cause a delay. But that would have been OK, because your pawprint made it special . . . can't wait for the sequel!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Max, if the hiding unner the bed was delibrate, HURRAY, good planning.

Team Tabby said...

She wanted to sleep the 'whole' night?

Mindy & Mike

Patzys Place said...

Speaking of your Ask Max Monday columns, it looks like it's getting hit with a lot of spam. 144 comments on one recent article and 58 on another. It makes me nervous just to open Mousebreath.com at all. Is someone taking a look at this to prevent this?

Max said...

I don't run Mousebreath, I just write for them. As far as I can tell, they're catching the spam--I usually only see one or two when I go on. But really, since it's not my magazine, there's nothing I can do--but th owner is spiffy, so an email to her might help.