September 27, 2008

Aw man...we lost another good kitty from the cat blogosphere. Cap'n Nelson John LaPurr set sail for the Rainbow Bridge, and this bums me out mightily.

He was a wicked handsome cat, and a fine writer to boot. I hope it's all right, but I wanted to share with you something he submitted for We Are The Kitties: Read This Or I'll Bite You.

I'm slinky and sneaky, a sleek, naughty cat.
My black tail, black spot, and saucy black cap
Can be glimpsed near the site of crimes galore:
Spilled beads, torn book, and pens on the floor.

I commit planticide with teh greatest of ease,
And my glare brings the other cats to their knees.
If there's a place that shouldn't be seen
It's sure that LaPurr will soon make the scene.

In repose, I am haughty. My basilisk stare
Can chill you right through. You know you don't dare
Cross this kitty or ruffle his fur--
I'm Nelson the Wicked--N.J. LaPurr!



Salute, Cap'n.
May your journey to the Bridge be smooth,
Your sails full
With the sun lighting a nice warm spot all the way.

No comments: