November 09, 2005

Okay, this place is freaking huge! Not only are there stairs to run up and down, but there are all these rooms, and they're all pretty big. Right now there are boxes all over the place and the People still have some things to bring over from the apartment--like my Supreme Commander Kitty Tower--but we have lots of running space and tons of things to explore.

I was less than thrilled with the actual day of moving. The Woman locked us in the bathroom--no surprise there--but the cool air blowing thingy didn't seem to work in there, so it got hot, and after a while it was pretty stinky. It was so stinky that when the Woman opened the door up to let us out a million hours later she covered her mouth and said "Holy crap, it stinks!"

Yeah, well, lady, trying staying in that stink all day.

Buddah was a little freaked out when we were let out of the bathroom. It was like "where's our stuff? The stuff is all gone!" and I would have made fun of him but I remember what that feels like. Last time we moved I thought we'd been robbed. He just didn't know that moving means the stuff goes first.

We slinked around the apartment for a little bit and the doofus got into his tomb all by himself, so the Woman shut it and decided it was a good time for me to get into mine. Once we were in the car I started in with "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" over and over and over, and Buddah chimed in so the Woman was getting it in stereo. And she kept saying, "Just a couple more minutes. We'll be there in a minute or two."

And then we were there. I don't think either of us knew what to look at first. There's so much space to investigate, and everything smells kind of funky, so every time we turn around there's something new. I'm not thrilled that there obviously used to be a dog in here, but he seems to be gone, so I'm not throwing a fit over it. And as excited as Buddah is, he's still a little scared.

But dang...he's not just excited, he'sexcited. Upstairs he can run around so fast I get dizzy just watching him, and downstairs he tries but he can't get the hang of making corners on the wood floor. His butt slides out from under him and he goes crashing into things. He wants to get into everything at once and I think his little head is going to pop trying to decide where to go and what to do and when. And I'm being nice to him; I'm letting him sleep with me when he needs to not be alone.

I didn't want to move, but now that we're here, this place looks to be quite adequate. Lots of space to run, stairs to throw things down, and lots of windows to look out of.

We may stay, the People now have the Official Permission.

No comments: