July 13, 2005

There was no food in any of the dishes last night, so what did the Woman expect me to do? Wait? I don't think so. I jumped up on the bed and began reminding her, politely of course, that I need to eat every once in a while. It doesn't matter if it's the middle of the night, if the dish is empty then someone with opposable thumbs needs to fill it.

And it's not my problem if Buddah Pest was already there half the night keeping her awake. Heck, he needs to eat, too. And more than I do. His little legs are hollow, so he always needs plenty of food available.

It took a while, but she finally got up and filled one of the dishes in the bathroom. She mumbled something about it being 4-fricking-45 in the morning, but I figure if she'd filled the dish all the way before she went to bed, she wouldn't have that problem.

And I was very polite; afer I was done eating, I let her sleep for a little bit and then went in and got back on the bed, and thanked her profusely.

She did not appreciate my consideration. So then I made her scratch me. My back was itchy, and that's her job.

People, your jobs don't go away just because you're sleepy.

Really now.

No comments: