February 02, 2005

I am more than just a little bit upset tonight.

The People were out a good part of the day--that doesn't matter so much, since it was during my primary napping time--but while they were out they had things to eat. I know this because I could smell it on them.

Now, the Woman upsets me a little because it smells like she had something meaty. But she gave me a bite of steak last night and I don't think the meat she had was steak, so that's okay. She demonstrated a willingness to share, which I suppose is important, even though I would have liked another bite tonight.

But the Man. I'm not sure I can forgive him. He had shrimp. It's on his hands and on his breath, and he didn't bring me any!

Look, people, it doesn't matter if you eat at home or eat somewhere else, if you have shrimp you're required by Feline Law to bring some home to the kitty!Just bringing home the smell is mean. It's cruel. And it's perhaps not excusable.

I am going to spend the rest of the evening curled up in a dejected ball on the big bed, hogging the fuzzy blanket, so that I can be well rested for the 3 a.m. concert I am going to give. And I'm going to give it with gusto.

That'll teach him.

No comments: