November 01, 2013

NaNoWhatMo?

Phfft.

So here we were, writing my book, slowly making progress, when all the sudden last night the Woman announces that she's setting it aside for a while to write some piece of fluff for NaNoWriMo. And she knows it's fluff because she already titled it Fifty Thousand Words of Suck.

Oh, she says it'll be good for us to take a break because we've scrapped more words than we've kept, and that I have a whole month to really think about the direction I want the book to go, but she's missing the point.

She did not ask my permission.

Sure, I don't mind some down time, and the chance for extra naps, but don't you think she would have asked me if I thought it was all right first?

Oh, and she added insult to injury by getting a tattoo that wasn't of me.

AND THERE WERE STICKY PEOPLE AT MY DOOR LAST NIGHT.

I need some nip. Some really, wicked good, awesome nip.

15 comments:

craziequeen said...

Dood!! Nip, stat...!!
Also, I think a bite is long overdue - abandoning your book and STICKY PEOPLE...??
Too much for a cat of your standards to cope with...
Charlie Cat

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We hope you gets lots of nip and treats for your pain!

Katnip Lounge said...

As long as the Sticky wee ones didn't adhere...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

At least if she was going to set your works of brilliance aside, she could write something good...

Sparkle said...

Aw geez, Max! Your human is out of control!

Unknown said...

She really should have asked you about all of it.Or at least put you in with the Dr. Who tattoo she got. You like that show as much as she does.Yes, you DO need nip and a whole truckload of it.

Shoko Neilson said...

How rude of the woman! After all the sweat and tears you put into your book...just to whip it away like that. Geez,..some folk are unbelievable. You must get the woman to grow nip in a pot inside...then you can mellow out whenever the woman does something odd.

Saku said...

Goodness, we thinks that you deserve mounds of nip for that oversight.

Good luck to your mom tho writing 50,000 words...even if they suck. That is a lot of words, MOL

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

The Swiss Cats said...

Wow, you deserve extra nip indeed ! Maybe some good nip could help your mom to write too... Purrs

Mighty Kitty said...

Max, that's just not right! Want some nip 'nanas? I could send you a couple. Meanwhile, just try to be patient with the woman. I mean she is not a cat! That should explain it all!

Mighty Kitty said...

Max, that's just not right! Want some nip 'nanas? I could send you a couple. Meanwhile, just try to be patient with the woman. I mean she is not a cat! That should explain it all!

The Island Cats said...

We hope you get that nip, Max. You sure deserve it.

Ivan from WMD said...

Maybe if she renamed it Fifty Thousand Shades of Suck, you'd all be millionaires!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Does the title count toward the word total?

Vicat said...

It has come to my attention I may be writing a companion piece, "This Is Really Starting To Suck: It's Been A While Since I Wrote Anything."
~Vicat