October 06, 2013

Hey. Whatever works.

Ok. So. I wanted the Woman to get up this morning to open a can for me, because it was Hungry O'Clock and the Man was still asleep and Bast knows Buddah is useless when it comes to obtaining the noms. I reasoned that the Woman went to sleep last night before the Man did, so she should be the one to get up.

Now, sometimes she sticks her head under a pillow, which makes getting her attention a bit tricky. Usually I just shove my head under it right next to hers and meow into her ear, but dang, doods, that puts me right near Death Breath, and lately it's been even worse (she SAYS she brushes her teeth before she goes to bed, but guys...I'm doubting it. Because her mouth smells like month old kitty litter.)

I didn't want to stick my head under there.

So, I climbed on top of the pillow that was on her head, and plopped down.

All 16 pounds of me.

Hard.

Now, the great thing about being on a pillow on top of a person's head--aside from the weight--is that every meow rips right through the pillow and seeps into their skull, so they hear it extra loud. With a bit of an echo. I didn't even mind that she pretended to keep sleeping (I knew better) because I knew she was getting to hear me on a whole new level.

When she caved and started to push the pillow off her head...let's just say I hunkered down a little harder, just to send a message.

I bet tomorrow she doesn't try to ignore me.

15 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Brilliant. Mine just gets up and tosses us out the door. I really hate that.

Mighty Kitty said...

Max you are awesome brilliant! You have such a scientific mind and because of that those morning meows are perfectly heard! I expect that the woman certainly will get up henceforth. You crack me up dude!

Mighty Kitty said...

Max you are awesome brilliant! You have such a scientific mind and because of that those morning meows are perfectly heard! I expect that the woman certainly will get up henceforth. You crack me up dude!

Sparkle said...

Binga needs to take some lessons from you, Max. So far, my human is impervious to her nagging. (I am far too polite to pester my human - I understand the need for beauty rest.)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Max, you sure have a worse time with the Beins than we do. When WE sleep with him, we sleep AROUND him and he likes that. Thats good fer UAS too cause he gets all tossey-turny when we try ta slee to much on him, so we all sleep better.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You are the best, Max! We would not have thought of that!

Carlos The Cat said...

You're my hero. How handy it is nowadays when we cats can share this kind of experiences and useful tips on how to train our humans. I have made a note of this trick and I have to try it sometime!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Brilliant as always, Max!

Random Felines said...

that's a good one. if our mom is sleeping on her tummy, we get whomever has the sharpest nails to get up and stab her in the butt. works every time MOL

The Island Cats said...

Max, it's hard to ignore 16 lbs. of you no matter where you're sitting. Good job, buddy.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Once again Max you prove that you are teh awesome!

Saku said...

Our silly bean thinks putting the pillow over her head will make us go away too. NOT! We's never tried sitting on the pillow but we'll have to try it, MOL

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

The Crew said...

Great strategy, Max. If you don't want to breathe her kitty litter breath, suffocate her!!

Anonymous said...

Max, thanks for making me smile. I always look forward to what you have to say!

The Meezers or Billy said...

dood - you are right - our the mom has mastadon breath in the morning