July 24, 2009

You guys know I like to entertain my people at 3 a.m. with these amazing vocal concertos, right? If I stand in just the right spot in the hallway the entire house fills with the Wonder of Max Music, and it is truly a beautiful thing.

Well, last night I started singing and I realized these people just don't deserve my full potential. They're always whining about it, so instead of giving it my best I just sang for myself. You know--instead of making the air swell with an awesome classical piece, I mostly hummed a personal version of Ozzy Osbourne. Or maybe Michael Buble.

The Woman woke up and actually got out of bed to stumble out into the hall, and told me I should just come crawl in bed with her! Like SHE FINALLY GETS MY INCREDIBLENESS! SO I did, I jumped up onto the bed and curled up on top of her. Well, kind of on top. She was on her side and she has this long body pillow she uses, so I stretched out on her and on it, like a hammock, and grabbed a bit if side boob to use as a pillow.

I thought she might want some up close and personal serenading, but I was so comfy I fell asleep. But I think she'll survive the disappointment. If not, I get the entire bed to myself!


Don't forget about trying to snag yourself a netbook for just a $5 donated to help save the boobies! See the post below for details.

19 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a wonderful place to sleep!

Ivan from WMD said...

Wow. I can't believe that worked. I'm not much of a singer, but when Russell or Caroline try that, all they get is "Shut up." If the windows are closed, sometimes my mom adds a swear or two.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

My mum doesn't appreciate how good a singer I am either. When I have my singing practice at 3am, she yells,'Flynn shut the **** up.' Then dad wakes up and says,' Wassa matter, wass all the shouting?' He talks funny when he's sleepy.

Marti said...

Max,have you ever thought of stealing the Woman's body pillow? It might be really comfortable to stretch out on.

The Whiskeratti said...

Max, we just don't see how she could NOT appreciate you in Full Voice!! Hoomins.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We are on it Max. I am so glad that singing got you that cool spot!

Renae & Count Chocula said...

Max, Since you have such a wonderous gift of vocalization.... hacve you thought about recording your books onto tape? Mommies LOVE books on tape & if it goes well you could do tours like people with 1/2 your talent do!!!

Teddy Westlife said...

I'd like to hear your singing Max.

Huffle Mawson

Spencer said...

Hi Max so nice to meet you! I like singing too and if I've lerned innything this week in my new home it's that I can sing at my person and wake her up! And the boobies, I wondered what yoo called them things. Thay remind me of my mommakitty. I smoosh em with my paws and dream of milk and purr. Save the boobies indeed!

The Kitty Krew said...

Excellent job, Max. We wonder that it's taken so long for the Woman to realize how wonderful you are, but humans can be *so* slow. And of course, she probably won't remember it the next time you go to sing in the early hours... *sigh*

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Max you are the most creative kitty--I'm sure your people know how lucky they are you own them!

Noir

The Island Cats said...

Well, it's about time she recognized how great you are, Max...but did you ever think that she told you to crawl in the bed with her to keep you quiet?? Humans can be devious sometimes....

The Furry Bambinos said...

We are impressed!! You da mancat!

Panda Bear's latest trick is "bladder kneading" on Mom when she falls asleep on the couch. Heh. Makes her run to the litter box room!

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, and Cookie and Caramel (the fosters)

Kaz's Cats said...

We're very impressed with your ability to wake your people up. Us, well we're not so good at that. Excellent work on getting the primo sleep spot!

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

jenianddean said...

Sounds like she's finally figured it out. And sounds like you had the best sleeping spot, too.
--Jasper

The Florida Furkids said...

Tamir likes to serenade Mom in the middle of the night. She doesn't always appreciate it, but she does call him to come snuggle on the bed with her. We think Tamir is on to something!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Misha said...

What is it about the magical hour of 3am with some kittehs. Cosmo always picks 3am to start playing (noisily) with any toy she can find. Me, I'm in bed snuggling.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I'm glad The Woman finally recognizes the incredibleness that is Max. I think she definitely deserves an up close and personal serenade next time.

The Meezers or Billy said...

that sounds like a really COMFY place to sleep!