February 25, 2009

Every morning between 4:15 and 4:45 for the last couple of weeks, I've been singing for the Woman. And I've been giving it my all, making sure my sweet, sweet voice reverberates off the walls so that she can appreciate my entire range at top volume. Because that's how good music is done, right? You sing as best you can so that it skips off the walls and into someone's brain.

Well, yesterday I heard her complain to the Man that I was waking her up every morning and it was taking her a good hour or two to get back to sleep, and that just makes her tired.

So this morning? I decided since she obviously didn't appreciate my singing for her that I wasn't going to bother. I curled up on the big comfy chair in her office and wished for the fireplace to be on because frankly, I was a little cold. But I didn't say so. No, I was very quiet lest we disturb her beauty sleep, and trust me, she needs it.

So did I get any thanks when she got up today? No! I got "Cripes, I woke up at 4:30 expecting your obnoxious little voice and it still took me over an hour to get back to sleep."

I can't win!

No comments: