April 01, 2015

Where Have I Been This Time?

I know, I know; I'm a bad blogger. Most days there's just not a lot to write about, because I spend a good part of my days doing the same things: bug the Woman for food, nap, bug the Woman to help me write, bug her for food, nap, poop, repeat. It just seems like every time I sit down to blog I'm repeating things I'v said a dozen times, so I go eat something and take another nap.

But yesterday I did something totally out of the realm of normal. I've been telling Weezer for about 2 years now that I would take her out for a date on the second Tuesday of next week, and even though yesterday was the first Tuesday, I decided what the hell. She was never going to stop pestering me, so I took her out to enjoy a movie and some popcorn, and then dinner after.

And guys. She's really special. She didn't bug the crap out of me during the movie and even offered to pick up the tab at dinner, she told a lot of funny jokes, and she thinks Buddah is a sandwich and a half away from a full picnic, too.

There is no letting a girl like that get away. So I borrowed the Woman's topless car and we drove 3 hours to Nevada, where I paid an Elvis impersonating minister to officiate at our wedding.

I'm a married man now, doods.

We haven't worked out the living arrangements yet, but I'm pretty sure she's going to come here since I really don't like going outside.

We'll have a housewarming party soon. I'll let you know the details when we decide.

16 comments:

las794 said...

I suspect some April Foolery!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You lost me at the wedding. I think this is an April Fools...

Unknown said...

Everything else sounds doable(California has sekf-driving cars, movies can be seen anywhere, and virtual reality makes it possible for cats to have popcorn and weddings)but the ring has got to be an April Fools. You don't wear anything around your neck anymore so unless you have the ring on a cord you have nowhere to put it.

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

*coff*

sandy l said...

Once I saw you went on a date with Weezer, i figured it was april fool's. Sorry Weezer.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Heh heh.
That's a good one Max.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Until mom explained it was April Fools Day poor Sadie was crying like a waterfall. Dude, my sisfur is in love with you, has been for years and, even though I know you'll never date/go steady/marry her as long as she believes there's still a chance she's happy. She once emailed you and asked for a date, you let her down easy and for that I thank you. You have no idea how hard it is to live with lady cats, they're emotional and throw a mean right jab.

Mighty Kitty said...

April fool? Nice try Mr. Awesome!

Ivan from WMD said...

You could have fooled me, bud. I don't know who Weezer is. :-(

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Could I be your real un-April fool's date???
Guess not, huh. Mommy just said you are too old for me. And that's not April Fools!
Not nice, Mom!

Lone Star Cats said...

Sounds like some April Foolery.

Saku said...

Married? OMC, we thots you was a confirmed bachelor Max.

Ooooh...it's April Fool's Day...good one!

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

The Florida Furkids said...

Um....yeah.....right. Happy April Fools day!

The Florida Furkids

Just Ducky said...

Tall tales and april fooling!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Bwahaha! Happy April Fool's Day Max!

Jans Funny Farm said...

For a minute you had us fooled.

Thanks for coming by when we lost Cameron. It's too quiet around here without him. Not that he was ever noisy but the silence is too silent, if you know what we mean.