January 08, 2004

I've been pondering this for a few days:

I did something wrong, evidently, but I don't know what it is. It must have been huge, because they took my tree away. Worse, I sat there and watched the Woman remove all the shiny, dangly things, and then the Man literally ripped the tree apart, limb by limb. It was horrific, and I'm sure I'll have nightmares about it for the rest of my life.

No one else seemed concerned. The younger humans didn't seem bothered by the destruction of my tree, not at all. I'm the only one who seems to care, so whatever wrath they were visiting on the house must have been aimed directly at me.

The people are confusing anyway. There was the shrimp: first I didn't get any, then I did. Then they left a little in the sink and when I jumped up there to get it, they shoo'd me away. Then later when they had more, I got some, but just a little. They had all these boxes on the floor for me to play in, and then they took those away, too.

It would help if I knew what the heck I've been doing wrong...

No comments: