June 22, 2015

I had an AWESOME birthday!

Doods, I'm not sure I could have had a better birthday. I got breakfast on time, got to nap where I wanted to all day, and then I went into the kitchen and saw this:


Real live fresh dead shrimp and real live fresh dead steak. I counted the steaks, too. One for the Man, one for the Woman, and one for me to split with Buddah (which is okay because even I can't eat a whole steak.) And I thought that was awesome enough, but it got even awesomer when the Woman only ate half a steak, which meant not only did I get steak for my birthday, but she cut the second half of hers up into bite sized pieces and put them in a container that went into the fridge so that we could have steak treats for DAYS.

And I thought that was it, because I don't really ask for toys anymore because I only really play with one, but then she had a box and said it was from my friend Beth who lives way on the other side of the country, and doods. HOLY COW. Look.


She sent two toys that have a thingy underneath to chase, one for me and one for Buddah, and NIP BANANAS! I freaking LOVE nip bananas. That's the toy I play with!

I love nip bananas so much I had to do this:


I plopped down on the pile and rolled in it a little bit, inhaling all the awesome nip goodness, until I heard the Woman say something. Well, she had to say it a couple of times because I wasn't paying attention.


"You need to pick just one for now, Big Guy."

Well, I wasn't happy about that, but she did let me roll around on the pile for a few more minutes so that I could pick the perfect first banana.


I picked this one. That one you can see behind me, on the needs-to-be-vacuumed rug? That's a really old one that has one end chewed open. We always chew an end off so that we can pour the nip out, and no one even gets mad! The Woman always says, "It's fine. I own a vacuum." Well, yeah, she owns one but it would help if she actually used it once in a while.

Still...I had an awesome birthday. THANK YOU BETH!!! I love my toys!

And than you everyone for the happy birthday wishes!

Bonus: I made it to an age the Woman was pretty sure I'd never see.

I am going to go howl at the end of the hallway now, so that she'll open the linen closet for me so I can lounge in there. She does't seem to mind, so why the heck not?

20 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Wow...you hit the jackpot! We're glad you had such a very pawsome birthday!!

The Florida Furkids

Shaggy and Scout said...

It was a totally awesome, very good day!
Jealous of all the nip nanners, we need a new one, but mom keeps forgetting.
Yay for all your good, fresh dead foods too!

Gigi said...

You know WHY it was so totally awesome, Max? (Well, besides the fact that you deserve it, of course) I gotta point it out: You have a Freaking Awesome Woman. Repeat after me: Freaking AWESOME! She should give lessons in Freaking Awesomeness to the rest of the Humans.

Mighty Kitty said...

Max, you are like one of my own kitties! I am so thrilled that you had a great birthday and loved your presents! Wait till you turn 15! I have one more goodie in mind for you.

Lone Star Cats said...

Wow, dat are one pawsome birthday!

Mickey's Musings said...

WooHoo!
Pawsome.
Do we need to do a nip intervention due to all those bananas?
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Summer said...

Wow, check out all that awesome birthday loot! I loved seeing you rolling in all those nip bananas, Max!

Ivan from WMD said...

Just excellent, Max! And happy belated birthday!

Just Ducky said...

Pretty good day for you Max. I hope I have as good of a purrthday as you on Sunday.

The Whiskeratti said...

Happy Birthday, dude!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A most excellent birthday gift!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...happee bee lated birth day two....N whoa....talk bout de a bill a tee ta be buzzed N stay buzzed for de next 3 weekz...yur nip nannerz iz awesum.....total lee rockin gift.. ♫♪♫♪♫

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Dude..

I bet after rolling in all of those nanners you thought you were still rolling around in all of them after you only had one..

Saku said...

Happy belated birthday Max! You is a furry lucky kitty to have such a great mom bean and furriends who sent pawsome presents too.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Ellen in Oregon said...

Looks like you had a totally AWESOME birthday Max. What could be better than a boatload of nip nanas, bits of steak and a super cool mom who lets you do anything you want. We love to hang out in the linen closet too. There is something magical about a whole bunch of neatly folded sheets & towels just waiting for us to fur them up again. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it. We're glad your special day was filled with treats, presents & lounging about. Enjoy it while it lasts Max!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Real cow and real live dead shrimps? And nip nanners?

Thud!

HAPPYS

Unknown said...

That sounds like the best birthday ever. It was neat to see you rolling around in all those nip bananas. Wish you hadn't had to pick just one, though since those are the only thing you like. You could have one in every room of the house if you didn't have to just have one at a time but the woman knows best. But you DID hit the jackpot in all the stuff you got. May your birthday last and last and last until it comes around again next year when you can do it all over again.

pilch92 said...

Happy Belated Birthay! You sure did have a nice birthday :)

Team Tabby said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Team Tabby said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!