September 30, 2018

By the skin of my teeth...

Where the heck does that saying come from, anyway? Teeth don't have skin. I mean, some of you need a good dental cleaning but no one that I'm aware of has actual skin on their teeth. If you do? Ew.

Anyway, I just made it. Another day and it would have been a month since I posted, and I said I wasn't gonna do that chit anymore. I was going to post more often. So what the heck happened?

Well, stuff happened, I guess. the biggest thing being that the Younger Human finally trapped the girl and dragged her off (kicking and screaming, I'm sure) to marry him.

Okay, fine. No one kicked and no one screamed. As I understand it (because I was not invited, but don't be upset on my behalf. That damned Dog Butters and his sister Lady weren't invited, either, and they LIVE with him. A bunch of people weren't invited, because it wasn't a big wedding and pretty much just people who were close here went) the whole thing was rather lovely and the place where they held it was almost as beautiful as the bride, and everyone was 67 kinds of happy.

Why not 70?

Because they're people, and people don't round up as often as they should.

So now the Younger Human has a wife! I'm glad I lived long enough to see it happen.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 This also happened, a new cover for paperback of The Emperor of San Francisco:


Now, these are proof copies, and the final cover was tweaked a little bit more (the title got bigger and the series line is a little different) and we're not sure how we wound up with five when it should have been one...so here's your chance. If you haven't read any of the books and want to jump in from the start, you can snag--for free--one of these. You'll be the only 5 people in the world with this exact cover. All you have to do is comment here that you want one, and then email the Woman at kathompson@gmail.com with your name and mailing address...make the sure the subject line in the email says I WANT A PROOF COPY so she's sure to see it.

They'll be sent via USPS media mail, which is basically on the slow boat.

If you already have a copy, please leave this for people who haven't got one yet. And if you'd rather have one with the final cover, it's up on Amazon.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Oh, the other thing that kept me from blogging. THERE'S A DOCTOR WHO MARATHON ON RIGHT NOW! It's been on all week, and I've been sitting in the living room watching it.

Okay, I took a few naps because I'm old and naps happen, but I've watched A LOT of Who this week. And I will be all week. You know why?

NEXT WEEK THE NEW SEASON OF WHO STARTS, STARRING MY FUTURE WIFE THE DOCTOR!

Guys, I honestly wasn't sure I'd be around to see this season, but I am and it's gonna be AWESOME. If something happens to me between now and next Sunday I'm gonna be so pissed. So no one gets to cough on me or lick me or sneeze near me.

Oh yeah...she's gonna be AMAZING.

7 comments:

Vicat said...

We'll leave them for those who haven't been lucky enough to read from the start of the series, but that's a pretty nifty cover.
You have to hang around for the wedded bliss of Dr Wife Who!

Thumper said...

Heads up: Two of the books have been claimed.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We asked TBT about that "skin of teeth" thing and he he said it is a reference to ulikely things (like hen's teeth). He also babbled on about "blue moons" and how they sometimes happen, but we stopped listening at that point. Like the Moon is EVER bloo!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Congrats to the Younger Human and his bride!
Congrats on the book cover too.

Eastside Cats said...

Oooh, I'll take a copy!
How exciting to have a wedding; they are happy times!

Just Ducky said...

Yeah, you were better off being home than going to a wedding. Hope we get to see pictures.

Eastside Cats said...

Thank you, I received the book, and started to read...then quickly realized that I needed to have a quiet few hours to jump into the story with both feet! I have set aside time this coming weekend, and boy, I cannot wait! THANKS SO MUCH!