I like my routine. I know it well, and I like it when things go the way they're supposed to go.
Like every morning, I know the order of things.
- Curl up on top of the Woman and make sure she wakes up
- Herd her into the bathroom
- Plop down on her feet while she uses the giant litter box
- Jump up on the counter and watch while she stands on the Dammit Box
- Headbutt the box on the wall where she keeps her rugs so she remembers to take them
- Jump down and wait for the door to open
- Herd her into the bedroom so she can change clothes
- Herd her into the kitchen so she can open a can of Stinky Goodness
It's an 8 step process. It's simple. She should have it memorized by now. But no...once in a while she screws up the order of things, and I have to stop to think what should come next.
Like, this morning? I made sure she woke up, but instead of going into the bathroom she went ahead and out her clothes on. Well, after clothes comes herding her into the kitchen, so I started down the hall but then she went into the bathroom. So I went in and headed for the giant litter box but no, so took her drugs. So I jumped up on the counter thinking she would stand on the Dammit Box, but then she went to the giant litter box.
What the frak?
Man, I didn't know what to expect after that, so when she opened the bathroom door I didn't trust where she would wind up she I just kind of stood there in the hallway and waited.
Luckily she remembered she was supposed to open a can for me, otherwise I might still be standing there trying to figure out where I was supposed to make her go next.